Butter chicken is a popular Indian dish made with chicken cooked in a creamy tomato sauce. The sauce is flavored with a variety of spices, such as garam masala, cumin, coriander, and turmeric, as well as butter and cream. The dish is typically served with rice, naan, or other Indian breads.Thank you for reading this post, don't forget to subscribe!
2 tablespoons vegetable or canola oil
3 cloves garlic, minced
1 teaspoon ginger, minced
1 jalapeno, finely chopped
1 tablespoon garam masala
1 teaspoon ground cumin
1 teaspoon ground coriander
1 teaspoon paprika
1 teaspoon ground turmeric
1 teaspoon salt
1 (14.5 ounce) can diced tomatoes
1 cup plain yogurt
2 tablespoons honey
2 tablespoons butter
2 pounds boneless, skinless chicken breasts, cut into cubes
1/2 cup heavy cream
1/4 cup chopped fresh cilantro
1. Heat oil in a large skillet over medium heat. Add garlic, ginger, and jalapeno and cook for 1 minute.
2. Add garam masala, cumin, coriander, paprika, turmeric, and salt and stir to combine.
3. Add tomatoes and cook for 2 minutes.
4. Reduce heat to low and add yogurt, honey, and butter. Stir to combine.
5. Add chicken and stir to coat.
6. Simmer for 15 minutes, stirring occasionally, until chicken is cooked through.
7. Stir in cream and simmer for 5 minutes.
8. Garnish with cilantro and serve.
Butter chicken can be a healthy dish depending on the ingredients used. To make it healthier, opt for lean cuts of chicken, such as skinless chicken breasts, use low-fat or non-fat yogurt and cream, and reduce the amount of butter used. Additionally, adding a variety of vegetables, such as bell peppers, onions, and carrots, can boost the nutrition of the dish.
50% OFF | Indian | Chinses | Fast Food | 24 HRS OPEN