Chicken biryani is a popular Indian dish made with marinated chicken, basmati rice, spices, and herbs. It is usually served with a side of yogurt or raita and a vegetable curry.Thank you for reading this post, don't forget to subscribe!
- 2 cups basmati rice
- 2 tablespoons vegetable oil
- 1 large onion, chopped
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- 2 teaspoons ground ginger
- 2 teaspoons ground cumin
- 2 teaspoons ground coriander
- 1 teaspoon ground turmeric
- 1 teaspoon ground cardamom
- 1 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1 teaspoon ground black pepper
- 2 tablespoons tomato paste
- 2 cups chicken broth
- 2 pounds boneless, skinless chicken thighs, cut into 1-inch cubes
- 1 cup frozen peas
- 1/2 cup golden raisins
- 1/4 cup chopped fresh cilantro
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F (175 degrees C).
- Heat oil in a large skillet over medium heat. Add onion and garlic and cook until lightly browned, about 5 minutes. Add ginger, cumin, coriander, turmeric, cardamom, cinnamon, and black pepper and cook for 1 minute. Stir in tomato paste and chicken broth.
- Place chicken cubes in the skillet and bring to a boil. Reduce heat to low and simmer for 10 minutes.
- Meanwhile, cook rice according to package directions.
- Add frozen peas and raisins to the chicken mixture and simmer for 5 minutes.
- Spread half of the cooked rice in the bottom of a 9×13 inch baking dish. Top with the chicken mixture and spread the remaining rice over the top.
- Cover the dish with aluminum foil and bake for 25 minutes.
- Remove from oven and let stand for 10 minutes. Sprinkle with cilantro before serving. Enjoy!
How much healthy chicken biryani?
Chicken biryani can be a healthy meal option, depending on the ingredients used. To make it healthier, opt for leaner cuts of chicken, use brown rice instead of white, and add plenty of vegetables. Additionally, use low-fat yogurt and healthy oils such as olive oil or coconut oil.